Subtitle, if any
The VasCog congress program includes a series of sessions, meetings and workshops designed to promote the discussion and exchange of ideas. Participants represent a broad spectrum of academic disciplines and come from all over the world. The congresses are aimed at especially encouraging student participation and contribution. Additionally, the congresses provide formal and informal opportunities to meet and exchange ideas, and a special Congress Party included in the congress fee.
The congresses also include:
- A full day of teaching sessions offered by senior research scientists aimed at providing conference attendees with background and cutting-edge developments in a variety of fields related to vascular cognitive disorders. Sessions will cover research developments in cognition, neuropsychiatry and neuroimaging. The teaching sessions are an excellent opportunity to learn about a new area of interest or to hone your knowledge in an area where you already have expertise.
- A unique poster session in which participants briefly present their work orally to a small number of other investigators with similar interests. These small sessions are led by senior scientists and are aimed at promoting discussion and collaboration. This poster presentation format has become a highlight of VAS-COG meetings. They are an excellent way to meet and interact with others doing similar work.
- Posters on display for the entire meeting. The poster leader will summarize the data of each poster session. Presenters of selected posters will have the opportunity to give a short oral presentation (two Powerpoint slides).
- Non-parallel sessions with short talks by invited experts and talks selected from submitted abstracts followed by long discussions (40-60 mins).
- Overview talks by invited speakers based on posters from the meeting.
- The Congress fee also includes lunches.